Sorry for being MIA lately! I’ve been doing some much-needed building of my life on the ground here… finally feeling more settled and at home.
I’m about to start an intense 4-month stretch: labor and delivery for 2 months (1 month of all night shifts), a month of inpatient medicine, then a month of pediatrics wards. Some of me is dreading the exhaustion that will come along with all of that, but a lot of me is excited to be back in the intensity.
I’ve been finding it hard to keep up some basic health habits here: Too many french fries (hard to resist on lonely Sunday nights in the hospital). Too much pizza (feels so right during my consumption, but terrible after). Way too much coffee (early morning, mid-morning, early afternoon). Not enough water. Not enough yoga. Not enough running. Not nearly enough veggies. Ugh! Time to step it up!
So, I’m declaring 6 new habits today (and hoping that posting them here will help me stick to them):
- Eat more veggies (starting tonight).
- Yoga practice every morning (I will get up and make time! It’s more important than that extra little hour of sleep).
- Revive piano practice.
- On my day off, do a long run or go for a bike ride outside of the city.
- Make my way to CrossFit once a week with my sister (went to our first class last week – still sore in the best way possible).
- Read inspiring books at night (+/- while taking an epsom salt bath).
I hope to start posting more often, too!