I woke up to a rainy and cold day here and was craving something warm and comforting… and was inspired again by Oh She Glows (love her recipes so much).
This turned out to be the perfect post-call/ wintery-night meal (even better that I have lots of leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow).
Mac & “Cheese” (gluten-free and vegan)
1) Make the “Cheese”
- Cashews (1/2 cup)
- Almond milk (1 cup)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Nutritional yeast (3 tbs)
- Corn starch (1 tbs)
- Garlic (1/2 clove chopped)
- Mustard (2 tbs)
- Salt and Pepper
Blend cashews, almond milk, & water in blender. Then mix together with all ingredients and heat on stove until thickens.
2) Make the mac
- Quinoa pasta (Yes, quinoa pasta! Just discovered in Whole Foods today)
3) Saute the greens
- Swiss chard & garlic (next time I’m adding broccoli)
4) Mix all together & pour a glass of wine…
Yup, comfort food.
(Didn’t have any squash or pumpkin today but am totally trying that next time!)