The other night my 2.5 year old woke up from a dream screaming about the characters in his favorite show, Little Einsteins. He was having a nightmare about the show, and when I held and consoled him he woke up enough to say he wanted “Annie” (from the show) to come over.
Click here to continue reading.
Here are some of the ideas we have to improve the situation… please share any others ideas you have!
- Avoid TV first thing in the morning. This is hard, and I’m trying to find other activities could in this early morning time to keep him occupied and engaged. Any suggestions?
- Avoid TV in the evening before bedtime
- Have books around – read books instead of turning on the TV
- Play outside more (this is hard in rain/winter)
- Never have TV/ipad in bedroom
- When we do watch something – make it a special occasion and make it clear it is for a limited amount of time. If tantrum happens when we turn it off, deal with that, but do NOT turn the TV back on.
- Most importantly — set an example ourselves. We need to get off our phones and and be present with our family.